CHEC is a non-profit Christian support group for homeschool families in Danville and surrounding areas. It is the intent of this support group to provide encouragement, fellowship, and group activities for homeschooling families that will help us grow in Christ and strengthen the family unit. Questions regarding CHEC and details of our next scheduled meeting should be directed to our area contact person, Kelly Adams. Click here for the Contact Page.
Joining CHEC offers the following opportunities and activities:
- Membership to our website and exclusive e-mails concerning scheduled events and activities for CHEC members, access to uploaded files and pictures
- Family membership card which entitles you to discounts at bookstores and other venues
- On-line directory of all CHEC members
- Monthly support group meetings
- Monthly Scholastic book orders
- Our exclusive monthly homeschool swim time at the YMCA in Danville, September-May
- Monthly date reserved at Skatetown (for homeschoolers only)September-May, with monthly reminders and instructions for special activities in October and February
- Family Christmas Dinner
- Annual Winter Formal for our teens
- Yearbook: We have a hardcover yearbook with student pages, activity pages, and more.
- End-of-Year Award Banquet
- Commencement exercises for our seniors
- Field Trips
- "Teen Time" Events